I’ve been gradually adding features to my utility that scripts the configuration of a SQL Server. Since my last post I’ve added the following features:
- Skip any encrypted object in a database
- Script alerts, alert notifications and operators
- Script audits
- Always script model, master and msdb to capture any user-defined objects in those databases
- Logins are now scripted so that everything for a login is grouped together.
- There’s a second section in the logins that handles default databases. In many cases a login’s default database is a mirror target and can’t be set. This is now handled gracefully. It also includes a separate section for all default databases so those can be quickly set in the event of a disaster.
- Script credentials
- Script proxy accounts
- Script database mail
My goal is still to get everything outside a database scripted. This release is enough that I can keep my mirror target servers in sync with their principals.